Ever since my first big chop in 2010 I have patronized quite a number of hair care brands, and one thing I have learned over the years is to never believe the hype about any hair product. A product that worked for someone may not work for me.
If you know what brands or products are good for your hair, I say stick with them. Create a simple hair care regimen and follow it through.
Below are my all time favorite hair care brands. These brands use natural and organic ingredients in their products. They are inexpensive too.
1. Aubrey Organics – I discovered this brand two years ago at my local Vitamin Shoppe. I love a lot of their products and have used quite a few. I recommend the honeysuckle rose shampoo and conditioner, GPB glycogen protein balancing conditioner, blue green algae conditioning mask and sea buckthorn leave-in conditioner. The products are all natural ingredients. They moisturize the hair really well and make it shiny.
2. Taliah Waajid – Ever since I discovered the curly curl cream I have stopped using styling gels to tame my edges. This product works just as good if not better than styling gels and gives my hair the needed ingredients for growth. It eliminates frizz and moisturizes the hair. It defines curls. I am yet to use a product that defines my curls as good as this product.
3. Shea Moisture – Their products are made with coconut oil, silk protein and neem oil, which are all great for the hair. My favorite product is the coconut & hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie, which I use sometimes for my two-strand twists. It smells really good!
4. Africa’s Best – This is my go-to brand for deep conditioner. The hair mayonnaise is one of the only few deep conditioners that have remained true to my hair. It is a prime example that the best product for your hair does not have to cost a fortune.
5. Sunny Isle – This brand has a variety of natural oils including the most popular Jamaican black castor oil. They make my favorite brand of coconut oil, the Jamaican organic extra virgin coconut oil, which works great against dry scalp and dandruff.
Please share with us below your favorite hair care brands and how you use their products.