As you are changing your skincare regimen for harmattan you should also consider changing your wardrobe. Avoid wearing light clothes because they will stick to your skin and will expose your body when the wind blows. You should master the art of layering bearing in mind that the temperature rises later in the day.
To help you remain your fashionable self during harmattan, I have listed 5 great fashion pieces you need to add to your closet.
1. Chunky Cable-Knit Sweaters – You need a sweater that can be worn over your shirt or blouse and can easily be taken off when the weather gets warm later in the day. You want to stay warm but also stylish.
2. Scarves – You need these to cover your hair from the windy air and dirts. The last thing you want is walking into your place of work with a messy and dirty hair.
3. Maxi Skirts and Pants – You should not wear outfits that expose your legs. Embrace modesty fashion and wear long pants and maxi skirts to protect your legs from cold and dust.
4. Handkerchiefs – These are not just for men; women need them too especially during harmattan because they can serve as dust masks. Instead of a typical nose mask, use hankie, which will not only protect you but also will inject a dose of chicness into your overall look.
5. Knee-High Boots – I know some people think wearing boots is a fashion no-no in Nigeria but this might be the only time wearing them is justified. They will help to keep your legs warm, and if you are wearing a short skirt or dress, they will protect your bare legs from dust.
Let us know in the comment section below how you are staying stylish and warm during this harmattan season.