Korean beef is really an easy and quick dinner to make. When I’m not working or blogging I’m usually online searching for tasteful and easy recipes to recreate. I love to cook and I also love to eat, and I love trying out new recipes.
I was unsure of what to make for dinner yesterday when I came across this Korean beef recipe by Tracy of Having Fun Saving and Cooking. I knew immediately I had to recreate it. She made it with ground turkey which I thought was a great idea especially if you are trying to eat healthy.
The recipe was very easy and quick to make. I used same ingredients as Tracy but with some slight changes. It took me at least 20 minutes to make.
Korean beef Ingredients:
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
3 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 teaspoon of ground ginger,
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
1.3 pounds of ground turkey
2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of chopped red onions
Cooked white rice for serving
Korean beef Instructions:
– In a small bowl, mix up brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, red pepper flakes and set aside.
– Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
– Add garlic and stir for at least 1 minute.
– Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
– Add your sauce mixture and chopped red onions, and stir until they are well mixed together. Cook for at least 3 minutes.
– Serve over white rice.
Some of these ingredients you may already have in your kitchen. But if you don’t, you can get them at your nearest grocery store.
This is the sauce. One of the tastiest sauce I’ve ever made.
This was my first time making this recipe and it sure won’t be my last. One of my favorite recipes to make. It tasted so good!